Himig Handog 2019, the country’s first songwriting competition, has published the final 12 entries, as some of the largest names in showbiz and OPM have interpreted.
The twelve love songs, selected from some 4,000 Filipino submissions across the nation and overseas, span distinct genres, from pop to jazz, and transmit a variety of love-related feelings, from desire to hope.
Each song will have a music video leading up to the night of the finals, naming the winning entry. The ceremony details have yet to be announced. Here are the entries :
- Sa’yong Mundo Composed by Noah Zuniga Interpreted by Janine Berdin
- Nung Tayo Pa Composed by Rex Torremoro & Elmar Jan Bolaño Interpreted by Janella Salvador
- Simula ng Dulo Composed by Davey Langit & Therese Marie Villarte Interpreted by Davey Langit
- Alaala Composed by Alekzandra Nicolle Quitalig Interpreted by Alekzandra
- Ikaw at Linggo Composed by Eamarie Gilayo Interpreted by Eamarie
- Please Lang Composed by Michael Angelo Aplacador Interpreted by Alex Gonzaga feat. Toni Gonzaga
- Paano Ba Composed by Richanne Charms Jacinto Interpreted by Vanya Castor
- Mabagal Composed by Dan Martel Simon Tañedo Interpreted by Daniel Padilla & Moira Dela Torre
- Ingat Composed by Ferdinand Aragon Interpreted by I Belong to the Zoo
- Sasabihin Ko Composed by LJ Manzano & Joan Da Interpreted by Joan Da
- Isa Pang Ikaw Composed by Joseph Ponce Interpreted by Justin Vasquez
- Panandalian Composed by Jerome Arcangel & Cee Jay Del Rosario Interpreted by TJ Monterde