Newly elected Manila Mayor Isko Moreno has sacked 9 police officers from the Manila Police District (MPD) Station 11 over its failure to address illegal vendors at Divisoria, a bane for most of the motorist, pedestrians and establishments around the area.
This was announced by him at the Manila City Hall as he presented new cops who would take over MPD Station 11. He was then asked if he was presenting the new cops because he fired old ones which Moreno answered “yes.”
Moreno then told the fired cops, “It’s either you are sleeping on the job or you are now engaging with them [culprits, cohorts of the illegal vendors]”.
Upon the recommendation of Moreno, Manila Police District Chief Vicente Danao proceed to relieved 9 cops from their posts, including the station’s commander.
The following were identified as:
- Police Lieutenant Colonel Antonietto Mendoza
- Police Major Robinson Maranion
- Police Major Alden Panganiban
- Police Captain Jerry Garces
- Police Captain Bernardino Venturina
- Police Captain Manuel Calleja
- Police Lieutenant Jerry Campo
- Police Lieutenant Maricel Pili
- Police Lieutenant Maribel Casayuran
And the following that will replace them:
- Police Lt. Col. Noel Aliño – New MPD Police Station 11 Commander
- Police Major Salvador Tangdol – New San Nicolas PCP Commander
- Police Captain Manolito Flores – New Juan Luna PCP Commander
Moreno said that the new cops now stationed at MPD Station 11 would allow for them to have a clean, fresh start when carrying out new initiatives of the city.